Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can't you hear that whistle blowing?

Yesterday I cut out of work early to head to Walnut Creek for some good climbing. It was warm, sunny, and a small group of us headed for the hills. Mt. Diablo, to be exact. In my haste to leave, I forgot my heart rate monitor and cycling computer, so it would have been a challenge to track intervals. We rode about 20 miles, 2000 feet in elevation. There were very few cars and it was peaceful and a nice ride.

I usually get a random song in my head on rides. This time was I've been Working on the Railroad-singing keeps your cadence and heart rate in check on climbs--you're breathing hard but have to be able to speak.

Tomorrow's time for an endurance ride--65 miles, maybe. Just have to decide where to ride!

Thank you for all your support! I'm halfway to my fundraising goals!

No comments: