Saturday, September 27, 2008

Deception

So, last week I mentioned that the 40 mile ride turned out to be 50?

This week the "buddy ride" was listed as 40 miles on the team calendar, with ride-out from Sports Basement in the Presidio. I rode over to SB in 15 minutes, got to the parking lot at 8 am sharp. No cyclists. Runners, but no cyclists. Called Sarah--oh, we're meeting at Mike's Bike's in Sausalito. I had half and hour to get over there. It was foggy and beautiful on the bridge and most tourists weren't out yet, so it was a smooth ride, but I was pushing hard to get there quickly, instead of warming up.

I rode with Sarah, Kieran and Molly to catch up with them, laugh and enjoy the scenery. They appreciated the Team Virgin jersey in all its glory! It was a beautiful ride into Fairfax, Lagunitas, and Samuel P Taylor (by accident). There were a few good climbs in there. Riding a little slower than you're used to has a bit of a disadvantage: more time in the saddle.






Even with my new saddle, this does not feel good. But we made it back to Mike's and they headed home in their cars. I rode on the 10 miles through the gauntlet of Sausalito tourists (it's truly frightening), up the hill, over the bridge, through the Presidio and into home--60 miles.

Last week I put in about 110 miles. This week only about 80. Shooting for a hundred this week, even with missing the team ride on Saturday.

Now, it's time to rest up for 5 baptisms and a youth bonfire tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

LDA said...

You're doing great! We're cheering for you.
Love,
LDA