Friday, July 07, 2006

A tribute to the Rest Stops and the Roadies

Even now, a month after the Ride, everytime I pass a porta-potty and catch a scent in the breeze, I'm transported back to the Ride. In expectation of the ride, I thought I'd find my way behind the porta-potties to a more natural setting, but I found myself far less of a princess than I expected.

There was nothing like seeing the Rest Stop 1 mile sign. It was within reach!

These places marked our day, showed us we were moving forward, held the promise of food and bladder relief,


in addition to comic relief


and gave our butts a moments rest from the saddle.

The roadies, who spent their days setting up the sites, planning the themes and costumes, serving, and cleaning up after us were incredible and worked tirelessly, making the ride so much more fun and easy! They truly rocked! Thank you Rowdie and Cami and all the Roadies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the pedalers had a tremendous and talented support group.
LDA